What are composite fillings?
These are tooth-colored fillings that can be closely matched to the color of your existing teeth. They are particularly well suited for use in front teeth or visible parts of teeth and are one of the best ways to improve the health and beauty of your smile.
Why does your office NOT use silver (mercury based) fillings?
• To place silver fillings, additional and healthy tooth structure needs to be removed
• Mercury has many unhealthy effects
• It was the standard of care in the 19th century
• Silver fillings never truly seal the tooth
• They have a high rate of reoccurring decay
Why should I replace my old silver fillings?
• If they are large, silver fillings often lead to tooth fracture due to the density and inflexibility of the fillings
• They are quite simply unattractive
• They are an inferior material compared to newer filling technologies