Emergency Dentist – Lancaster, PA
Need Help? We’re Here For You!
If you’re like most people, you’d rather spend your day enjoying time with your family than sitting in a dentist’s chair dealing with a dental emergency. Although not all are preventable, it’s reassuring to know you have a dental team available when you need it. At Dentistry for Life, we will make every effort to see you the same day to address your emergency. After hours, we always have an emergency dentist in our Lancaster, PA dental office on call to speak with you and determine the best way to treat your emergency. Call us to find out what we can do for you should you suffer a serious dental injury. We’ll be happy to help.
Why Choose Dentistry for Life for Emergency Dentistry?
- Same-Day Emergency Appointments Available
- Nitrous Oxide to Calm Nerves
- CEREC Same-Day Dental Crowns
How We Treat Dental Emergencies
- Schedule a same-day appointment: You should first call our dental office to schedule a same-day appointment. If necessary, our team will identify a time that same day and offer first aid tips to help you manage your injury while at home.
- Undergo a thorough examination: Once at our dental office, we’ll perform a thorough examination using advanced dental technologies (i.e., intraoral cameras, digital X-rays, etc.) to identify the problem.
- Review findings: After taking the necessary images and compiling our information, we’ll formulate a personalized treatment plan and go over the recommended course of action with you.
- Treatment to address your emergency: As long as you agree to the prospective treatment plan, we’ll then schedule your upcoming treatment and begin to take care of your dental injury so that we can put your smile back on track.
Understanding the Cost of Emergency Dentistry
If you’re like most patients, you want to know the cost of your care before signing on the dotted line. Don’t worry – our Lancaster dental team will provide you with an estimate and review the financial solutions available to you following your emergency exam. Until then, you can read on to learn more on the topic of price, including if dental insurance covers a portion of it!
Every Dental Emergency is Different
The reason we can’t provide you with an exact price (or even a price range) is that every dental emergency is different! In order to create your treatment plan, we need to take X-rays, conduct a visual exam, and learn more about your symptoms – all with the goal of determining the root and severity of the problem. Only then will we know which treatment (or treatments) is needed to restore your pain-free smile in the short and long term.
Does Dental Insurance Cover Dental Emergencies?
Oftentimes, yes! The only reason we can’t say “yes” with 100% certainty is because the fine print on dental plans varies. So, it’s always a good idea to read through yours or give your provider a call directly to better understand your benefits. Of course, you can also reach out to our Lancaster dental team for help too! Although we are not in-network with any particular dental insurance company, we can help you understand your coverage and file the paperwork on your behalf!
Other Options for Making Dental Emergencies Affordable
Don’t have dental insurance? That’s okay! At Dentistry for Life, we also welcome flexible financing with CareCredit. If you haven’t heard of this third-party financier before, they offer several payment plans, and they even have a few with little-to-no interest attached. So, all you need to do is figure out your monthly budget and choose the option that works best for you! You can apply directly through our website, or you can give us a call if you have any questions you’d like answered before signing up.
Taking Care Of Your Smile Can Save You Money
Typically, patients don’t think about the cost of their dental care until they are already in the treatment chair. The reality is that taking good care of your smile on a daily basis can help prevent a serious dental injury and, in turn, a large bill. For that reason, we strongly recommend committing to a solid oral hygiene regimen at home, coming in every six months for a checkup and cleaning, avoiding unhealthy dental habits, like smoking, and wearing a mouthguard when playing sports.
Keys to Preventing Dental Emergencies
Not all dental emergencies are preventable. But there are proactive measures you can take to minimize your chances of developing a nagging toothache or suffering a knocked-out tooth while playing your favorite contact sport. Some useful tips to consider include:
- Eating a healthy diet that consists of nutrient-rich foods while also limiting your consumption of sugars and starches
- Wearing a mouthguard while playing sports or while sleeping if you are prone to grinding and clenching your teeth
- Maintaining regular dental checkups and cleanings with our dental team to check for signs of decay, gum disease, and damage early on
- Practicing good oral hygiene habits daily to eliminate bad oral bacteria that will try to burrow into crevices and cause plaque and tartar to form
- Avoiding unhealthy habits like eating ice, chewing on inanimate objects, using your teeth as tools, and smoking